Thursday, August 5, 2010

Midweek Dinner Party


Last night my mom hosted a dinner party with some of my friends from high school + their families. It is always good to catch up with those you haven't seen in a while, isn't it?? They are all such fun + great people, and I thought I would share with you some of the details from the party. Unfortunately because of the time of day I took these, only a few of the photos turned out looking okay.



We made the tablecloth, runner, and fabric napkins with just some old fabric we found at Hobby Lobby. The drink coasters were made using cocktail napkins + an iron-on design I had made to coordinate with the invitation (based on the idea here). I created the "take-home" favor bags, also to coordinate with the invitation design (based on the idea here), and put some candy + cookies inside (found at Trader Joe's). We also got all the flowers from Trader Joe's for SO cheap (that place is so awesome...every town should have one!). I found this great recipe for a Chocolate Almond Pastry recipe (originally from Martha Stewart, modified by Fish Food) to finish off the meal on a sweet note. Thankfully (for my mom as the hostess), it was a huge success!

Have a great Wednesday!
xo, Alicia

3 comments:

  1. You are so lucky Alicia to have such a wonderful and talented Mum. The table setting looks fabulous and it sounds like you had a great time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so fun! I love throwing a party...
    The choc-almond pastries look divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so cute! I love the favor bags you designed. And of course the pastries look delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I just looove hearing from you!