Monday, October 25, 2010

Spin the Globe then Pack Your Bags

I visited Caribou Coffee yesterday evening and was inspired by a saying (the title of this post) that I found on my disposable coffee cup. I liked it so much that I'm using it as my inspiration today! Because I don't have the finances to do exactly what the cup said, instead I want to re-visit Seville, Spain via the internets. I spent a semester studying there a few years ago and would LOVE to go back to visit sometime.


I suppose we need to first find a place to stay that we can relax in after a long day of sightseeing in southern Spain. I think the Hotel Dona Maria will do the trick -- what do you think? It is small enough that it has a charming feel to it (and we can get help from the concierge if we need it), yet very luxurious (what with the rooftop pool overlooking Seville's main attraction - La Catedral).


Of course we need to find some good authentic restaurants to visit while we're there. I think Casa Robles, a family-owned, personable restaurant is a good choice. And, good to know, fish is a specialty here, so we have to try that!


And for sightseeing. We have to hit the hotspots -- La Catedral, as mentioned before (the third largest cathedral in the world), La Macarena (the old walls that surrounded Seville -- which were close to where I lived while I was there), La Plaza de Toros (the actual bull-fighting ring...not for the faint of heart), and La Plaza de Espana (pick up a carriage tour here or perhaps buy a souvenir).

While we're there, we can't forget to make the rounds and try lots of different tapas and eat as much gelato as we can. Southern Spain is also the birthplace of flamenco, so we'll ask the concierge where we can go to find an authentic flamenco bar or show.

What about you? Have you been to Southern Spain? What was your favorite thing that I missed here?

[Photo credits: Hotel Dona Maria photos, Casa Robles, La Catedral, La Macarena, La Plaza de Toros, La Plaza de Espana]

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! The information you provided is very helpful if someone is planning to enjoy the holidays. I Adventure Land in Sharjah is a better way to spend the joyful vacations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I just looove hearing from you!