Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Easy Recipe to get you through the Week


If you have never tried a southern-inspired shrimp and grits recipe before, you are truly missing out! Lucky for you I have a great, easy, and quick recipe {compliments of my sweet aunt Jeanette, who is an awesome cook!} to share with you! This is seriously so easy and not a lot of prep or ingredients. Perfect for weeknights.

Shrimp and Grits

Ingredients:
4 cups of chicken broth
1 cup of grits
1 cup of shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Green onion, chopped
1 pound of small shrimp (already cooked)
1 (10 oz.) can of green chilies (drained)
1 can of diced tomatoes

Directions:
Bring chicken broth to boil and add grits. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Stir grits and cheese together. Add onion, green chilies, tomatoes, and shrimp. Put in casserole dish and spread some cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. Enjoy!

(*When I make this, I use a can of tomatoes that has green chilies in it already.)

4 comments:

  1. yum! that looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh heck yeah! I love me some shrimp and grits! I find that getting the best quality grits is what makes the difference! Our coffee shop is actually in Statesboro, where we roast, but our we wholesale to many restaurants in Savannah, and will probably end up moving the whole enterprise to the SAV at some point soon! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm this looks yummy! I heart cheese + grits!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! I just looove hearing from you!